What the teachers say…
- ‘A Triumph!’ ‘You were superb, and the children had a delightful time.’ Maureen O’Shea Sunshine Coast Librarian.
- Such a well organised and thoughtful workshop – the kids loved it! Was a complete joy to have you here at Riverbend.’ Vicky Tosh Riverbend Books.
- ‘This was Emma’s third visit to our Kindergarten to share her wonderful storytelling skills with our group. Emma has a true appreciation of the magic of childhood and a very respectful and gentle manner with the children and staff. Her passion for art, music and literature is very apparent to all, and on each occasion, the children were very engaged with her. The performance is perfect for this age group with just the right amount of mystery and fun. The additional music and movement experiences that Emma provided made for a very interactive and enjoyable session. Carmel Desjardins Teacher/Manager, Peregian Beach Community Kindergarten.
- ‘It was the best performance we have seen, and you kept all the different age groups engaged.’ Andrea Director Smarty Pants Early Learning Centre Cooroy.
- Duration: 30 minutes.
- Ages: 3 – 8 years.
- A fun 30-minute performance based on the characters and the story of ‘The Bear in our Backyard,’ or ‘The Lion in our Living Room,’ authored by Emma Middleton.
- Audience participation with singing, dancing and answering questions.
- Puppetry – The performance features a large main puppet, as well as puppet friends, including rabbit, puppy, hare, monkey and
- Specially composed musical soundtrack during the performance and a song on the ukulele.
- Book reading of Emma’s books.
- A portable backdrop creates a theatrical atmosphere.
- Concepts such as friendship and co-operation are explored.
- Fun and engaging.
- Emma Middleton holds a blue card, working with children check and public liability insurance.
- Qualifications – Emma is a children’s author, illustrator and performer with a background in performing arts and teaching.
Please view a short video of The Bear in our Backyard performance here.